CLUB NAME : LAW CLUB
VISION: PRODUCE LOYAL CITIZENS IN AN ENVIROMENT OF TOLERANCE, FAIRNESS AND HARMONY.
MISSION: ATTAIN EXCELLENCE THROUGH DISCIPLINE, CO-OPERATION AND DETERMINATION .
1) Provide a practical understanding of law and the legal system that will be of use to students in their every day lives .
2) Improve understanding of the fundamental principles and values underlying the constitution, laws and the system .
3) Promote awareness of current issues and controversies relating to the law and legal system .
4) Encourage effective citizens ‘ participation in our legal systems .
5) Bring about a greater sense of justice, tolerance and fairness .
6) Develop a willingness and an ability to resolve disputes through informal and where necessary formal mechanism .
7) Improve basic skills, including critical thinking and reasoning, communication, observation and
8) Improve understanding of the roles the law, lawyers, law enforcement officers and the legal system play in our society.
9) Provide exposure to the many vocational opportunities that exist within the legal system.
COBADES (Community Based Development Services) started training secondary school teachers in
public legal education and human rights in 1998. In 1999, the headteachers of schools, which had
patrons of school law clubs,were also invited to the training.The secondary school teachers who are
invited to the training are those who teach religious education , history and government .COBADES
provides the technical assistance and curriculum materials . The aim of the training is to empower
and enable the teachers to bring up students who are fully intergrated and responsible Kenya
CHAIRPERSON : SUBIRA TOKALI (3B)
ORGANISING SECRETARY : WINNIE WANGARI (3G)
SECRETARY : AMINA MUPA (3B)
TREASURE : ELIZABETH NYAGAMBE (3B)
CLUB PATRON : Mr. SAMUEL KEIRU.
ABIDE BY LAW LIVE WELL